Get in touch
I am committed to using Vince’s story as a social justice tool to shift our beliefs about mass incarceration. As a medical educator, writer and social advocate, changing our system of mass incarceration requires an upstream approach which must start with education. I am committed to speaking to as many students, professional groups, universities and book clubs as possible. Please reach out if you would like me to come speak to your group about The Other Dr. Gilmer.
I love leading conversations and speaking about:
- Pursuing service in medicine and the importance of social justice.
- The importance of story as a creative pathway towards advocacy.
- “Reverence for Life:” How Albert Schweitzer’s philosophy of service can make your life more meaningful.
- Exploring our rural stories: Telling our rural stories is critical to making change.
- Rediscovering your right brain: A neurobiologic approach to advocacy.
- Healing Crime: Seeing mass incarceration through a clinical lens.
- Perceptions and bias: Understanding the power of bias and preconception in order to enhance our awareness.
- Advocacy through writing: How writing and visioning leads to transformation.